Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Zentangle Inspired

My oldest son (21) recently moved into a new apartment with a friend. It's a very nice place, but like all rentals the walls are painted stark white. When I visited the first time they complained that they needed some artwork for the walls. Have you ever thought about decorating an apartment for 2 young men? It's not easy. Everything out there is so ... girly.

We they both seemed interested in my Zentangles so I decided to go big. Really big. I created a Zentangle inspired piece on a poster size (22" x 28") sheet of paper. It was hard to get started adapting the tangles to such a large scale, but once I got going it went rather quickly. I worked on it all weekend and spent about 22 hours total. My son thought it was "awesome", so I guess it was a good idea. Pretty cool, huh?


to learn more about Zentangle, please visit www.zentangle.com

2 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

Thats awesome Deb. You can see alot of time went into it.
~Patricia

Dawn Emanuele said...

WOW! That is awesome!!! Very impressive. Would love to hear more about this when I see you next :-)

Store Calendar

Class sample slideshow