Sunday, December 04, 2011

Tim Tag Day 2

When I first saw Tim's tag on day 2, I thought it would be relatively simple.  That was until I discovered that I had absolutely NONE of the items he used at home except the Picket Fence Distress stain. So what should have been a simple re-creation turned into a long night as I tried to find substitutions.  I didn't even have a small strip of burlap, which I still think it needs- so I may continue to make a few adjustments. Here's what I came up with:

I substituted Tim's "everyday" Kraft resist paper for the holiday one. I used a Lifestyle Crafts
reindeer die because I didn't have Tim's. I used white sticky back canvas stained with Antique Linen stain  in place of the natural canvas. I put holly on the deer instead of a wreath because my attempt at making a wreath with what I had was pathetic. No on the edge border die so I improvised with the Vintage lace and some chipboard. I did have twine, but no burlap or suitable charms, so I found some green twill and a piece of an earring.  What do you think?

Here is Tim's tag:

1 comment:

Sue in CT said...

Great job on the tag! I also face the same challenge of having to substitute everything because I don't have what he used. Oh well, it is fun but makes it all the more challenging (like it wasn't a challenge enough to just do them with the same products.) Heck, I bought the pine cone die and watched his video (looked easy enough there) and spent about 5 hours trying to do the pine cones...LOL.

Store Calendar

Class sample slideshow