Tomorrow (April 25) is our Pocket Page Meet up. If you are interested in Project Life or any of the many spin offs of the concept - this is a time for you to come in and meet like minded people and work on your projects. The group has evolved over the past year and a half or so, so there are different people each month. Some people actually work on getting their memories into the pages but often times it a time to sort photos and products, share ideas, play with new techniques and of course - SHOP! The meet up is free but due to space limitations we do ask that you pre-register.
On Sunday (April 26) we are having our first ever Rent a Space Craft Tag Sale. It has been a number of years since we offered a tag sale event, frankly because it was just so much work. But this time we are doing things differently. Each participant will handle their own table, merchandise and sales. This shifts the work load off of us so we can be more available to help shoppers and answer questions. We have over 15 tables of goodies to be sold off at bargain prices - and that's just the vendors! We will also have tables in the classroom for our own merchandise that we have marked down to move out. Because this is a different set up than in the past there are some things we need you to keep in mind:
- Only Vendors will be allowed to enter before 11am. No exceptions.
- Vendors must arrive by 10 am to unload and set up. Terry will direct you to enter the driveway, unload at the back corner, and then exit by way of the post office driveway to go park your car up the road. You will need to move your vehicle quickly so we can move the cars through without delay. If you have said you will bring your own table, please arrive by 9:30.
- Each table/vendor is a separate "shop". Important - you must pay for your purchases (CASH only) at each separate table before moving to the next one. You can not gather items together and carry them around. Please bring small bills and change and be patient as each vendor tallies your purchases.
- Any purchases made inside the store, regular and sale merchandise must be paid for at the register (we can do a single transaction for everything).
- All sales are final on sale merchandise.
- Vendors: You will be outside the entire time - Please dress appropriately - Mother Nature has been known to be very fickle. You may need a hat and sunscreen or you may need a parka and gloves. It's anyone's guess! Please make sure your merchandise is securely packaged. Paper or other lightweight items may blow around if the wind picks up - Boxes & bins can be your friend. Bring some bottled water or snacks. You will be working hard!
- Everyone - Bring more small bills and change than you think you will need! It is a Sunday and we don't have a way to get you change. (Store purchases may be made with checks/credit cards as well).
- EVERYONE - PLEASE - Be Kind, Be Patient and Be Courteous. We are all crafter's looking for deals and trying to have fun.
Later this week - On Tuesday we have the Masculine Card class from 10am-noon. One of the biggest requests we get is for ideas for the men/boys in our lives. This is a perfect class for that. Please bring your class kit: Scissors, adhesive (tape runner, glue dots, glue stick, foam dots), Colored pencils or markers, and a Brown ink pad and applicator.
You MUST call to sign up by Sunday so I can make up the kits - we only have 2 spots left!
(Please note the photo says 6-8pm as well but there are no sign ups for that time slot so we will not be holding it).
On Friday, May 1 we are having our Trade Show After Party!
Join us from 5:30 - 8pm and see all of the fabulous samples we made in classes and workshop when we attended a trade show a few weeks ago. There will be demonstrations, prizes and refreshments. We will have sign up sheets for future classes and we will take pre-orders for upcoming products. The event is FREE but we do ask you to call or message us and RSVP so we can plan the food and prizes. Call the store at (860) 684-2641
All that is just one week? Aye, I am going to need a vacation! I really hope you will make the time to come and visit us. It has been a long, cold , lonely winter and we really have missed seeing you all.
I hope to see you soon!