Friday, December 28, 2007

I HATE being without a car!

It is amazing how dependent I am upon having a car at my disposal.
My car decided to go on vacation Saturday night when I got home from work. My son asked to borrow the car so when I came home I shut the car off, pulled the key out of the ignition, walked in the house and handed him the key. He went out and came back in a few minutes later and said he couldn't get the key in the ignition. I laughed at him and told him he just needed to turn the steering wheel - you know that anti-theft thing. No, that wasn't the problem. The key wouldn't go into the ignition. It went about 3/4 of the way in then stopped dead, like something was stuck in there.
Of course the dealer was closed on Sunday so I had to have it towed in on Monday (Christmas eve). Apparently something broke off in the ignition switch and it needs to be replaced. Here's where things get really bad...
I drive a VW Jetta. I love it. Or rather I did, until I found out that this particular part has to be ordered from Germany. Oh, and VW of Germany is CLOSED for the holidays until January 2nd! So my dealer can't get the part until 10 business days after that (check the calendar- that's Jan 16th at the earliest)!! Normally I would be able to use my husband's truck while my car is in the shop- I hate it. It's way too big and costs me a fortune to put gas in it, but it's a vehicle. But not this time. He and the boys had planned a snowmobile trip to New Hampshire this weekend and they need the truck to tow the sleds.
My neighbor is going sledding with them so he told me I could use his car over the weekend but I need to go grocery shopping and the truck is already hooked to the trailer and my neighbor is at work so I have no vehicle. ARGH!!!!

Update: Yay! The dealer called and they have a loner car for me. Thank Goodness. I was afraid I'd be stuck home forever.

1 comment:

Darleen said...

I actually am commenting on your 2 peas post regarding BG selling at Michael's, thank you!! I do not own a LSS, but my friend does (her store is currently struggling after years of great success)and I used to work for one that is going out of business. I agree with you and thank you for your post!!

Store Calendar

Class sample slideshow