Tuesday, October 02, 2012

I have survived.

Yes, I'm still around.  I survived the construction of our new home and have moved all of my junk into it.  Well, it's all in the garage, but at least it's on the new property.  I still need to go through many boxes and throw stuff away since my dear husband and his helpers literally threw everything in sight into boxes and moved it; including the stuff I had set aside to donate or discard... Good help is hard to find!

I seriously have no idea how I am going to fit all my stuff into my new craft room.  In the old house I had a 13' wall of counter and built in book shelves.  I didn't realize how much stuff I had stored in that space.  All I have for horizontal surfaces now is a corner desk and a very large pub table as a work surface. I need to figure out where all of my die cut machines are going to go now.

It only took a few days to get our phone and satellite TV set up but we had to wait a couple of weeks to get internet.  Because we sit so far back in the woods, no one could provide internet service - I called ten different companies before I finally was able to get a satellite company to come out.  I feel like I just came back from the dark side of the moon!

All we have left is the sale of our old house.  Thankfully, we do have a contract on it, but the hassles of all the inspections and reports is wearing on our nerves.  Hopefully, we will get through all of it and be able to close in the next few weeks.  That will take a huge weight off of us.  Keep your fingers crossed.

I am also trying to relocate my friendly feral cat, Tut.  Remember him? He's the one that Magenta rubber stamps made a stamp of a couple years ago.  Everything I've read says it's almost impossible to relocate a feral successfully, especially since we only moved a mile away.  The chances are very good that he will return to the old house. He really is not an ordinary feral cat, he has been in my care since his mother abandoned him under my porch when he was only a few weeks old. He and his sister were the first ferals I took in for the Sterile Feral program through Our Companions back in 2008.  His sister fell through the ice on our swimming pool a few months later and drown and I was heartbroken.  He has always been a love to me but wont go near anyone else. Last night he allowed me to pick him up and put him in the crate so I brought him home with me. Right now, he is loose in my garage, hiding behind some of those boxes I talked about earlier.  He comes to me every time I go out there and call him and nuzzles up to me purring.  He has eaten, but not used the litter box yet; he's never had to use a box so I'm not sure he will. If he doesn't, I don't know how long I can keep him in.  I am afraid he will get a UTI if he holds it too long.

On a brighter note; we have other animals who have made themselves at home here.  Check out this albino deer and its mama eating the grass in our front yard! We've seen it several times now but this was the first chance I go to get a decent picture.

So, if you've read this far...Thanks.  You were probably hoping to read something about what's happening at The Inspiration Station, but as you can see, I have been quite preoccupied. I am slowly getting back to work (now that I have internet) so you should be seeing some more consistent updates. We have lots of classes coming up, including Guest Instructor Cheryl Mezzetti on October 27.  We also have a great time planned at our Ghouls Night Out Halloween Crafting Crop on October 20th from 10-10. Come in Costume for a special surprise!

No comments:

Store Calendar

Class sample slideshow